2011 was an incredible year. I learned so much, explored new places and ideas, and put down some new roots. I met a few of my goals, though not all, as life likes to throw those funny curve balls.
I explored more styles of yoga and attend some wonderful classes and workshops. I am in better control of my finances with an emergency fund, a travel fund and a plan to pay off student debt. Career goals were tougher, but I remain positive in the face of transition. As for fitness/wellness, I finished my first 5K, though not in under 30 minutes, and learned that I can run!
When thinking of my goals and resolutions for 2012, I realized my yoga goals make a pretty awesome intention for the entire year. They all have one thing in common: FLIGHT. In 2012 I want to figure out crow (bakasana) and headstand (sirsasana). Both poses require learning to lift off the ground and find flight and balance in space. Both poses require a solid foundation and a trust that even if the foundation shifts, you can take a breath and try again. Sounds like a perfect theme for 2012 to me!
Thus, 2012 is THE YEAR OF FLIGHT.
– Crow Pose: figure it out, get into it, and hold it for 3-5 breaths
– Sirsasana: figure it out, get into it, wall support is totally ok
– Continue to invest in my practice and my teaching by attending workshops and classes
– Commit to a home practice and complete a 30 day “home practice” challenge to set the habit
– Pay off 1/3 of my student debt by 12/31/2011
– Continue to build the travel fund (possible goal: Thailand in 20??)
– Become a more savvy budgeter (this includes actually creating a budget and having a “come to Jesus” with shopping)
– Stay employed
– Own my new responsibilities and role in the library. This is a year for me to shine and become a resource and local expert for my colleagues
– Continue to eat healthy, happily and safely (I really like that goal.)
– Work with a personal trainer to build a habit out of weight training and cardio
What are your goals and resolutions for 2012?